TYPE OF CASE: Chapter 13
- Lowered monthly payments by $1,540 per month.
- Discharged $112, 000 in debt gone forever;
- Got rid of ALL interest and accumulating late fees;
- Got rid of a $42,000 second mortgage;
- Was able to keep all their property.
HERE IS WHAT THE CLIENT SAID:
- Why did you file bankruptcy? “Our house was going to be auctioned off and filing for bankruptcy stopped that.”
- What if you had not filed? “Our home would have been taken away and everything we worked so hard for would be gone.”
- How did filing bankruptcy help you and your family? “We were able to stay in our home. With the equity in our house upside down, we were able to convert our second mortgage into an unsecured debt which was a HUGE plus.”
- Would you recommend bankruptcy for someone else? ”It is not an easy decision to make, but I may be the only decision to make.”
- Would you recommend the Law Offices of Smeloff & Benner? “We had a positive experience so why shouldn’t we share that with someone who needs help?”